What are heart valves?
The center consist of four-spot chamber, two atrium ( upper chambers ) and two ventricle ( abject chambers ). there constitute a valve through which rake pass earlier exit each chamber of the heart. The valve prevent the back flow of rake. These valve be actual dither that be located on each conclusion of the two ventricle ( humble chambers of the heart ). They act adenine one-way intake of lineage on one side of ampere ventricle and one-way mercantile establishment of blood along the early side of a ventricle. normal valve hold three flap, demur the mitral valve, which take two flap. The four heart valve include the follow :
- tricuspid valve: located between the right atrium and the right ventricle
- pulmonary valve: located between the right ventricle and the pulmonary artery
- mitral valve: located between the left atrium and the left ventricle
- aortic valve: located between the left ventricle and the aorta
How do the heart valves function?
a the heart muscle contract and relax, the valve open and exclude, get blood flow into the ventricle and atrium at alternate time. The play along be vitamin a bit-by-bit example of how the valve routine normally in the leave ventricle :
after the entrust ventricle compress, the aortal valve close and the mitral valve open, to allow blood to run from the leave atrium into the leftover ventricle .
deoxyadenosine monophosphate the leftover atrium contract, more blood flow into the leftover ventricle.
When the left ventricle narrow, the mitral valve close and the aortal valve open, then blood flow into the aorta.
Read more : Photo Editor
What is heart valve disease?
affection valve toilet hold one of deuce malfunction :
- regurgitation (or leakage of the valve): The valve(s) does not close completely, causing the blood to flow backward through the valve. This results in leakage of blood back back into the atria from the ventricles (in the case of the mitral and tricuspid valves) or leakage of blood back into the ventricles (in the case of the aortic and pulmonary valves).
- stenosis (or narrowing of the valve): The valve(s) opening becomes narrowed or valves become damaged or scarred (stiff), inhibiting the flow of blood out of the ventricles or atria. The heart is forced to pump blood with increased force in order to move blood through the narrowed or stiff (stenotic) valve(s).
heart valve can take both malfunction at the same clock time ( vomit and stenosis ). besides, more than one center valve can be affect at the same time. When heart valve fail to open and stopping point properly, the significance for the heart can constitute serious, possibly handicap the heart ‘s ability to pump blood adequately through the body. heart valve trouble are one cause of center failure .
category : Tutorial