What to Know
- From the camera tab, tap Memories icon (the overlapping photos) under the Camera button, then tap Camera Roll.
- To edit photo or video, tap three dots > select Edit Photo (iOS) or Edit Snap (Android).
- Save the photo or video to your Snapchat Memories, send it to a friend, or post it as a Snapchat story.
This article explains how to share photos and videos on Snapchat on io and Android devices .
How to Access Snapchat Memories
Snapchat Memories allows you to both save snaps you take through the Snapchat app and upload existing photos/videos from your device. here ‘s how to easily access the Memories feature in Snapchat :
- Open the Snapchat app and voyage to the camera tab key ( if you ‘re not on it already ) by swiping left or correct through the tab .
- Tap the little double image icon displayed directly beneath the Camera release .
A modern tab labeled Memories will slide up from the bottom of the screen showing a grid of snaps if you saved any. If you did n’t save any yet, this tab will be blank .
How to Start Uploading Your Photos and Videos
To upload something from your device, you have to use the Memories feature. You can make edits to images in the SnapChat app. If you ‘re sending a television, you can trim it within Snapchat, disable sound, add text, and draw over it before you send it .
In Memories you should see three tab : Snaps, Camera Roll and My Eyes lone. ( If you have n’t set it up, you wo n’t see My Eyes Only. ) Tap Camera Roll to switch to the correct yellow journalism .
Items in Camera Roll are the images and videos that are on your earphone. To back up items to Snapchat, set up My Eyes merely. Select the snaps you want to make private, tap the lock icon at the bottom of the sieve, and follow the onscreen prompts. You might have to allow Snapchat to access your device ‘s photos first. If you have n’t done this however, a popup should appear asking for your permission. Tap OK to proceed .
- Select a photograph or video to send as a message to friends or post as a floor .
Tap the menu in the upper right corner represented by three dots .
- Choose Edit Photo ( io ) or Edit Snap ( Android ) .
Make optional edits to your photograph or video using the tools that appear for text, emoji, drawings, filters or cut-and-paste edits .
You wo n’t be able to apply filters with Bitmoji or animations since the photograph or video was taken outside of the Snapchat app. You should, however, be able to at least use one of the many tint filters .
When you ‘re finished making edits, rap Done and then optionally save the prototype using the prompts that appear .
- You do n’t have to save the edit effigy to send it. If you want to send without saving, tap the send button to send your upload snap to friends as a message or to post it as a floor .
Snapchat ‘s Formatting of Uploaded Photos and Videos
You might notice that some of the photos and videos you decide to upload to Snapchat look different than the ones you take directly through the app. For exemplar, some may appear cropped with black edges all around them while others might be zoomed in with the extinct edges cut off. Snapchat will do its best to make your photograph or video recording look good enough to send, but because it was n’t taken directly through the app, it wo n’t necessarily look perfective .
Third-Party Workaround Apps Blocked
How do I reverse a video on Snapchat?
To reverse a video on Snapchat, read a new television snap, and then swipe left on the preview television > wiretap three reverse arrows ( <<< ) .
How do I slow down a video on Snapchat?
To slow down a video recording on Snapchat, shoot a video or select one from your camera roll and tap Edit. then pilfer and tap the snail picture to apply the dense effect.
How do I save a video on Snapchat?
To save Snapchat video, record your video as usual and tap the down arrow. You ‘ll see a Saved message when your video is successfully saved .
Category : Tutorial