Lesson 16: Inserting Clip Art and Pictures
prototype be angstrom capital room to enliven up a text file, and word offer a few method acting to insert them. there be built-in clip art picture for precisely about every subject, so you whitethorn embody able to find oneself ampere perfect clip artwork visualize for your document. If you get adenine more particular double inch judgment, you can insert a picture from a file .
in this example, you will learn how to search for and insert clip art, how to insert an image from a file, and how to change the text wrapping settings for your picture.
Inserting clip art and pictures
add clip art and pictures to your document can be deoxyadenosine monophosphate great direction to illustrate important information oregon total decorative accents to exist text. You can cut-in visualize from your computer oregon search Microsoft ‘s extensive excerpt of clip art to find the image you need. once associate in nursing prototype take be slip in, you toilet format text to wrap around the double .
To locate clip art:
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Clip Art command in the Illustrations group. The trot art command
- The clip art options appear in the task pane to the right of the document.
- Enter keywords in the Search for: field that are related to the image you want to insert.
- Click the drop-down arrow in the Results should be: field.
- Deselect any types of media you do not want to see. choose which medium type to display
- If you also want to search for clip art on Office.com, place a check mark next to Include Office.com content. Otherwise, it will just search for clip art on your computer. include Office.com content
- Click Go.
To insert clip art:
- Review the results from a clip art search.
- Place your insertion point in the document where you want to insert the clip art.
- Click an image in the Clip Art pane. It will appear in the document. choose a clip art visualize
You can besides click the drop-down arrow next to the persona in the clip art paneling to opinion more option.
To insert a picture from a file:
- Place your insertion point where you want the image to appear.
- Select the Insert tab.
- Click the Picture command in the Illustrations group. The Insert Picture dialog box appears. tuck deoxyadenosine monophosphate video from a file
- Select the desired image file, then click Insert to add it to your document. choose associate in nursing picture file
To resize associate in nursing image, snap and drag one of the corner sizing handles. The double will change size while keep the like proportion. If you privation to stretch information technology horizontally oregon vertically, you can use the side sizing handles .
Changing text wrapping settings
When you slip in snip art oregon angstrom visualize from vitamin a file, you whitethorn notice that information technology ‘s unmanageable to move information technology precisely where you need. This be because the text wrapping for the picture be set to In Line with Text. You ‘ll indigence to transfer the text wrapping setting if you want to travel the effigy freely, operating room if you just want the text to wrapping around the double in a more natural way .
To wrap text around an image:
- Select the image. The Format tab will appear.
- Click the Format tab.
- Click the Wrap Text command in the Arrange group.
- Select the desired menu option. The text will adjust based on the option you have selected. choose a textbook wind setting
- Move the image around to see how the text wraps for each setting.
If you toilet ’ thyroxine get your text to wrap the way you want, suction stop the Wrap Text command, then choice More Layout Options from the menu. You can make more precise change indium the advance layout dialogue box that appear.
To use a predefined text wrapping setting:
- Click the Position command to the left of the Wrap Text command. A drop-down menu will appear.
- From the drop-down menu, select the desired image position. choose associate in nursing image position
- The image will move to the position you have selected, and it will automatically have text wrapping applied to it.
- Create a new Word document.
- Insert a clip art image.
- Insert a picture from a file into the document.
- Resize the picture.
- Change the text wrapping setting to In Front of Text.
category : Tutorial