nowadays we are joining over two dozen of our fellow crafty blogging friends to inspire you with some new and creative trade ideas. Thank you to Chloe of Celebrate and Decorate for hosting us all.
If you are visiting us from My Family Thyme, welcome ! We are so happy that you ’ ve stopped by 🙂.
After you are done with this colored ice lolly stick craft, head on over to see Sara at Birdz of a Feather, who created an adorable webcam cozy turtle you have to see ! We encourage you to stop by and visit all the creative bloggers in this blog hop, listed at the conclusion of this post !
Popsicle Stick Photo Frames
These ice lolly joint visualize frames are extremely childlike to make and require equitable a few craft supplies. Using elephantine wooden craft sticks, paint and trade glue, these frames come together quickly .
We chose exchangeable color familes ( blues and purples ; greens and yellows and last, pinks and oranges ) for each ice lolly stick picture frame but in truth any combination will do. Kids will enjoy choosing the colors for their own picture frame .
Materials Needed to Make a Popsicle Stick Picture Frame:
A few tips to get you started:
- Protect your work surface from paint using a sheet of parchment paper.
- Paint all sides of the wooden craft sticks and clothespins.
- Apply a second coat if needed for more coverage.
- Allow paint to dry fully before assembling pieces with glue.
How to make a Popsicle Stick Picture Frame
Each photograph display consists of 10 craft sticks and one clothespin .
ferment on one color combination at a time. Gather the watch colors to create the bolshevik, pink and orange photograph display : coral blush, Bright Orange, Baby pink, Carousel Pink, Primary Red
Painting the Craft Sticks
Paint two craft sticks in Coral Blush rouge color .
then, paint two craft sticks in Bright Orange paint color .
next, paint two craft sticks in Baby Pink paint color .
Paint two craft sticks in Carousel Pink paint color .
last, paint two craft sticks and one clothespin in Primary Red paint tinge .
Assembling the Popsicle Stick Picture Frames
once dry, position 8 painted trade sticks in a horizontal traffic pattern ( as shown ) on a flat surface with the right side facing down. Leave two paint craft sticks on the side .
Add glue to the back slope of one of the extra painted trade sticks .
place the glued craft stick over top of the other sticks and press in rate to secure .
repeat with the other remaining painted craft stay .
Put aside until glue dries amply .
Turn glued sticks face up and add glue to the mid section of the clothespin .
Press clothespin to the acme center and press in set to secure .
Repeat these steps for the early color combinations .
Allow glue to dry amply before adding photograph. once dry, fasten a favorite photograph of yours to the photograph frame and delight !
For hanging, attach a piece of double side tape or adhesive material velcro to the back side and place on the wall. They look very sweet displaying some of my favouirte pictures of my daughter when she was short .
Enjoy all the Crafting Fun!
start by and see what creative crafts our fellow blogging friends have come up with !
Celebrate & Decorate * At Home With Jemma * Hearth and Vine
My Hubbard Home * My Thrift Store Addiction * The Painted Apron
Home is Where the Boat Is * Chas ’ Crazy Creations
Harbour Breeze Home * My Family Thyme * Sustain My Craft Habit
Birdz of a Feather * Decorate and More with Tip * Our Crafty Mom
Design Morsels * White Arrows Home * Create With Cynthia
Debbee ’ s Buzz * Calypso in the Country * B4 and Afters
Purple Hues and Me * Bluesky at Home * Raggedy Bits
Faeries & Fauna Craft Co. * Elle Marie Home * Zucchini Sisters
This stick out primitively appeared on DecoArt ’ south Project Gallery .
For more ice lolly joint project ideas, check out these inspiring DIY ideas that adults will want to make !
Popsicle Stick Crafts for Adults Like it? Pin it for later!
Popsicle Stick Picture Frame
Jane and Sonja
A fun and simple craft idea for the whole family, these easy popsicle stick picture frames are a perfect way to display cherished photos!
Read more : Film – Wikipedia
- Americana Acrylics in pink and red hues in Coral blush, Bright orange, Baby pink, Carousel pink, Primary red
- Americana Acrylics in blue and purple hues in Desert turquoise, True blue, Bahama blue, Lavender, Purple dynamism
- Americana Acrylics in yellow and green hues in Cadmium jaundiced, Sour apple, Citron green, Festive park, Saffron yellow
- Jumbo sized wooden craft sticks
- Wooden clothespin
- Paint brush
- Craft glue clean
Work on one color combination at a time. Gather the Americana Acrylics in pink and red hues.
- Paint two craft sticks in Coral Blush key color .
- Paint two craft sticks in Bright Orange key color .
- Paint two craft sticks in Baby Pink paint color .
- Paint two craft sticks in Carousel Pink rouge color .
- Paint two craft sticks in Primary Red key color .
- Paint one clothespin in Primary Red rouge discolor .
Once dry, position 8 painted craft sticks in a horizontal pattern and leave two painted craft sticks on the side.
- Add glue to the back side of one of the extra painted craft sticks .
- place the glued craft stay over top of the other sticks and weigh in target to secure .
- duplicate with the other remaining painted craft stick .
- Put aside until glue dries fully .
Turn glued sticks face up and glue clothespin to the top center
- Repeat these steps for the other color combinations .
Like this craft ? Leave some stars ! & mention @ SustainMyCraftHabit or chase # sustainmycrafthabit on Instagram !
Category : Tutorial