But Before That…
You ’ ll need to make certain you can stay safe as you go about this undertaking. For starters, only perform the window inspection after the storm has passed and it ’ s dependable to venture outside. Do you see any down power lines and other electrical hazards ? Has the storm resulted in flood ? then you might want to hold off on that inspection. If not, you should silent exercise caution around fallen trees and early heavy debris strewn on your property .
- Look for water damage. It may take a while for water damage on windows to become apparent. But when it does, you’ll find there’s:
- Moisture or fogging between the window panes
- Discoloration on the framing material
- Softening of the window frames–an indication of mold or rot
- Warping in the framing material
Mold and rot on windows normally warrant a substitute. But if you want to be completely certain, have them checked by a slide windows party in Oak Ridge, TN, like Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville. We ’ ll suggest the appropriate solution depending on what we find.
- Check for hail damage. The damage caused by hailstones can be obvious–you just need to look at the dents they’ve left on your car, roofing or siding. Hail window damage is noticeable, as well. Here’s what to look for:
- Broken, dented or torn window screens
- Cracked or shattered glass panes
- Damaged glazing
- Dents on the flashing above the windows or their frames
- Inspect your windows for wind damage. The fact is that strong winds can knock over trees or pick up heavy debris, then aim them at your windows. You’ll know they’re wind damaged if you see:
- Shattered window glass
- Holes, dents and cracks along the window frames
- Chipped and peeling paint on the framing material
What to Expect from Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville
If a summer storm has damaged your existing windows adequate to prompt a substitution, then there ’ s merely one name you should call : refilling by Andersen® of Knoxville. Homeowners in and around Seymour and Oak Ridge, TN know that when it comes to a safe and worry-free customs windows facility, we will always deliver the highest quality results .
- We are credentialed. Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville has all the necessary qualifications that make us eligible to perform window and door replacement work in the area. When you choose us for the job, you’re always sure you’re covered against any possible issue that may arise during the process. And because we are familiar with the building requirements and standards specific to the area, you can rest easy knowing your window replacement will be done up to code.
- We are customer-centric. One of our top priorities is to make your experience with us a positive and enjoyable one. Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville utilizes a streamlined window replacement process that takes your wants and needs into account, while ensuring the project is always on track. From meeting up through video chat and conducting pre-installation custom measurements, to customizing your bay windows in Oak Ridge, TN, and installing them, up to the final walkthrough, our team will make sure your project goes on smoothly.
- We offer superior replacement windows. You need not look any further for windows that combine style, durability and energy efficiency. Renewal by Andersen® windows use Fibrex® composite for sashes and frames. This advanced material combines the strength and insulating properties of wood with the low-maintenance performance of vinyl, allowing for windows that are impervious to cracks, warping and corrosion. When closed, our Fibrex® window units create an airtight seal that prevents significant energy loss.
Our top-tier options besides come with our state-of-the-art High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass, which increases your access to natural lightly, while blocking the heating system that comes with. This allows for a cool, more comfortable home–only without the high energy costs. Paired in concert, our Fibrex® and High-Performance™ Low-E4® SmartSun™ glass can create some of the most desirable custom-made windows available today .
- We add an extra layer of protection. Choosing Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville means choosing to work with a reliable window company that can ensure your greater protection. All of our replacement windows come with transferable limited warranties. These include 20-year coverage on our Fibrex® framing material and advanced glass options, 10-year coverage on hardware and exterior color finish–and even two-year coverage on installation.
Whether you need authoritative casements or streamlined slither windows for your Tennessee home plate, Renewal by Andersen® of Knoxville has got you covered. With our exceptional window options, we ’ ll make certain your base remains beautiful, comfortable and energy-efficient no matter the season. Call us today at ( 865 ) 221-7970 or fill out this contact form to schedule your reference. We proudly serve Knoxville and Oak Ridge, TN and the surrounding areas. We ’ d love to hear from you !