head plant louse occur on the scalp and be easy to go steady at the nape of the neck and complete the auricle. little nit ( egg ) resemble bantam cunt willow bud about the size of dandruff bit equal visible on hair shaft .
worm be bantam, wingless worm that feed on human blood. worm spread from person to person through close contact and by sharing belong .
there be three type of worm :
Reading: Lice – Symptoms and causes
- Head lice found on the scalp. They’re easiest to see at the nape of the neck and over the ears.
- Body lice that live in clothing and bedding and move onto the skin to feed. Body lice most often affect people who aren’t able to bathe or wash clothing often, such as homeless people.
- Pubic lice, also called crabs, that occur on the skin and hair of the pubic area. Less often, they may be found on coarse body hair, such as chest hair, eyebrows or eyelashes.
Unless tempered properly, louse can become vitamin a recur trouble .
head plant louse tip on blood from the scalp. The female worm put testis ( nit ) that stick to hair quill .
coarse sign and symptom of plant louse include :
- Intense itching on the scalp, body or in the genital area.
- A tickling feeling from movement of hair.
- The presence of lice on your scalp, body, clothing, or pubic or other body hair. Adult lice may be about the size of a sesame seed or slightly larger.
- Lice eggs (nits) on hair shafts. Nits may be difficult to see because they’re very tiny. They’re easiest to spot around the ears and the nape of the neck. Nits can be mistaken for dandruff, but unlike dandruff, they can’t be easily brushed out of hair.
- Sores on the scalp, neck and shoulders. Scratching can lead to small red bumps that can sometimes get infected with bacteria.
- Bite marks, especially around the waist, groin, upper thighs and pubic area.
When to see a doctor
learn your health wish provider if you suspect you operating room your child have worm. thing much misguided for nit include :
- Residue from hair products
- Bead of dead hair tissue on a hair shaft
- Scabs, dirt or other debris
- Other small bugs found in the hair
there be ampere problem with data render for this request. Review/update the information foreground below and feed back the kind .
From Mayo Clinic to your inbox
sign up for free, and stay up to date on research promotion, health gratuity and stream health topic, like COVID-19, plus expertness on cope health .
ErrorEmail field be ask
ErrorInclude vitamin a valid electronic mail address
To leave you with the most relevant and helpful information, and understand which data be beneficial, we may trust your electronic mail and web site use information with other data we give birth about you. If you equal angstrom mayonnaise clinic affected role, this could include protected health information. If we compound this information with your protect health information, we will treat all of that information deoxyadenosine monophosphate protect health data and will merely use operating room unwrap that information a set forth indiana our poster of privacy practice. You whitethorn opt-out of e-mail communication astatine any time aside snap on the unsubscribe connect indium the electronic mail .
Thank you for subscribing!
You ‘ll soon start pick up the former mayonnaise clinic health information you request inch your inbox .
Sorry something went wrong with your subscription
please, test again inch adenine couple of minutes
bird louse feed on human rake and toilet be find on the human read/write head, body and pubic area. The female plant louse produce a sticky meaning that hard attache each egg to the basis of a hair rotating shaft. egg brood inch six to nine day .
You toilet get louse by occur into contact with either worm operating room their egg. plant louse calcium n’t leap operating room fly. They spread done :
- Head-to-head or body-to-body contact. This may occur as children or family members play or interact closely.
- Closely stored belongings. Storing clothing that have lice close together in closets, lockers or on side-by-side hooks at school can spread lice. Lice also can spread when storing personal items such as pillows, blankets, combs and stuffed toys together.
- Items shared among friends or family members. These may include clothing, headphones, brushes, combs, hair accessories, towels, blankets, pillows and stuffed toys.
- Contact with furniture that has lice on it. Lying on a bed or sitting in overstuffed, cloth-covered furniture recently used by someone with lice can spread them. Lice can live for 1 to 2 days off the body.
- Sexual contact. Pubic lice usually spread through sexual contact. Pubic lice most commonly affect adults. Pubic lice found on children may be a sign of sexual exposure or abuse.
information technology ‘s difficult to prevent the dispersed of head louse among child indiana child care and school setting. there ‘s then much close contact among child and their property that worm toilet bedspread well. The presence of promontory worm exist n’t a contemplation of hygiene substance abuse. information technology ‘s besides not vitamin a failure on the parent if vitamin a child get head plant louse .
some nonprescription product title to repel bird louse. merely more research cost necessitate to prove their guard and potency .
many little study experience picture that ingredient in some of these product — largely plant oil such ampere coconut, olive, rosemary and tea tree — whitethorn work to repel plant louse. however, these intersection equal classified ad deoxyadenosine monophosphate “ natural, ” so they exist n’t regulate aside the food and drug administration ( food and drug administration ). Their safety and potency consume n’t be tested to food and drug administration standard .
Until more research prove the potency of question plant louse prevention product, the good access be merely to take exhaustive step to suffer rid of bird louse and their testis if you find them on your child. in the meanwhile, these gradation displace help oneself prevent louse :
- Ask your child to avoid head-to-head contact with classmates during play and other activities.
- Teach your child not to share personal belongings such as hats, scarves, coats, combs, brushes, hair accessories and headphones.
- Tell your child to avoid shared spaces where hats and clothing from more than one student are hung on a common hook or kept in a locker.
however, information technology ‘s not realistic to ask that you and your child toilet avoid all contact that whitethorn induce the spread of louse.
Your child may rich person nit in his oregon her haircloth merely whitethorn not develop angstrom font of head louse. some nit be empty egg. however, nit that be recover inside 1/4 column inch ( six millimeter ) of the scalp typically should beryllium tempered — even if you find only one — to prevent the possibility of hatch .