This is a guide on how to create artwork for officially-licensed trade for The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I ‘ve created this usher as a “ how-to ” due to the fact that, over the years, the choice of officially-licensed RHPS merchandise has been in firm worsen since the 1990 ‘s. RHPS fans, as you might know, are sticklers by nature, myself included. This extends to the merchandise that they buy. With these tips, you should be able to create a quality intersection that will entice RHPS fans everywhere. This page is broken into five different sections :
2. “ Lips ” picture
4. Logo Line Spacing
5. The word “ The ”
Taken from materials sent to the Fan Club by twentieth Century Fox, here is the color for the classical red “ blood ” letter :
RGB – R: 200 • G: 10 • B: 10
Hex – #C80A0A
CMYK – C: 15 • M: 100 • Y:100 • K: 5
2. “Lips” image:
As far back as 1975, images of the celebrated ‘lips ‘ logo have mistakenly been reversed horizontally from the original post horse design. Since then, a distribute of formally licensed trade has copied this design, including the RHPS 3D Light Box ( see # 3 ) :
I ‘ve created a particular baptismal font with implant RHPS and Shock Treatment logos, for licensed function lone by specific entities. A imitate of this font is available to such entities upon request. If you would like a copy, send us an electronic mail to see if you qualify.
Alternately, and with well less accurate results, you can use the “ double sport ” baptismal font, available for free on this site.
The “ bivalent feature ” baptismal font has been used on many items of official trade, including, but not limited to :
• Action figures ( Flatt World )
• Trivia game ( USAopoly )
• T-shirts, postcards, keychains, stickers, decals, air freshener ( Electric Inks )
• RHPS 3D Poster ( McFarlane Toys )
• Posters, postcards, matted prints ( Import Images of New York )
• Shadowcast objective on the thirty-fifth Anniversary Blu-ray ( Trailer Park )
There are besides other fonts available :
• “ Rocky ” ( by Astigmatic ) is besides normally used
• “ Rocky Horror Picture Show ” is NOT recommend – In addition to “ double feature ”, I created this “ experimental ” font that ended up being leaked to the Internet. It was used on one official slice of merch – the Rocky Horror Light Box, sold at Spencer Gifts. I recently found a photograph of this item on the Internet, and decided to make a few notes …
… If the design was correct, I would have bought this token in a blink of an eye. alternatively, I was embarassed that my icky font ended up on the thing .
4. Logo Line Spacing:
When using the words logo, it ‘s best to space the lines so that the “ drips ” overlap into the text below. Use your own delicacy .
5. The word “The”:
When copy The Rocky Horror Picture Show words logo, it is accustomed to include the password “ The ” in the logo. Some trade has left out the word, and it looks barely homely odd. In contrast, when abbreviating, RHPS is the most normally use give voice ( as opposed to TRHPS ) .