When you ’ rhenium creating your custom large sail prints, one of the beginning things you ’ ll want to decide on is the size of your print. When you ’ re choosing a poll size, be certain to consider the size of your wall and how many photos you want to include in your collage. Listed below are all of the canvas sizes and options available to choose from.
Large Canvas Prints
- 16×16: This square-shaped print is perfect for a large portrait or a photo collage. It will look beautiful hanging above a dresser or your bed, and it would also work well as part of a gallery wall.
- 16×20: A 16×20 canvas print can be hung horizontally or vertically, making it good for both landscape photos and tall family portraits. It would work well hanging above a desk in an office or as part of a stairway gallery wall.
- 20×30: This long, thin canvas wall print is also good for portraits and landscapes, and it can also be used for a collage of family photos. If you create a collage, consider putting your family’s name or a quote in the center of the print to help break up the photos.
Extra Large Canvas Prints
- 24×36: If you’re looking for a photo canvas print that will work well as the focal point in a picture wall, this print is a good choice for you. Pair this print with smaller art prints and pieces of home decor to bring balance into your gallery wall.
- 30×40: Use this long print to display one of your favorite landscape photos. Or, hang it vertically and use it to showcase a photo of a tall building. For example, if you have a photo of the Eiffel Tower that you love, this would be a good print size for you.
- 36×36: This extra-large canvas print is sure to wow any guests who visit your house. Create a large collage with a unique layout and some fun quotes, or blow up one of your all-time favorite portraits.
How To Hang Canvas Prints
You ’ ve chosen your canvas print size, and now you ’ re cook to hang your custom wall art. big and extra-large canvas prints are lightweight, making it easy to maneuver them and hang them on the wall. Pick one of your darling rooms, and continue reading below our slowly to follow steps for hanging your canvass prints. To help you get started, here are the steps you ’ ll want to take to hang your analyze prints :
- Gather Your Materials. Gather all of the materials you’ll need, including a pencil, tape measure, screwdriver, hammer, spirit level, and wall protector pads, which you can attach to the back of your canvas to protect your wall from scratches. Also, decide what you want to use to attach your canvas to the wall. There are a few different materials you can use, including sawtooth brackets, medium-sized nails, and j-hooks.
- Decide Where to Hang Your Canvas Print. Decide where you want to hang your canvas print, and then clean the wall with a damp cloth. Then, mark the place you’re going to hang the canvas with a pencil. For a balanced look, hang your canvas with its midpoint about 56 to 60 inches above the ground. If you’re hanging your canvas print above a piece of furniture, hang it about eight to 10 inches above the furniture.
- Hang Your Prints. Hammer your nails or j-hooks into the wall. For a large format canvas print, you’ll most likely want to use two medium-sized nails or two j-hooks. Make sure they’re perfectly aligned to ensure that your canvas doesn’t hang crookedly. Hang up your canvas, and then use a spirit level to check that it’s hanging straight.
- Use a Sawtooth Bracket for Added Stability. If you’d like more stability, you can also attach a sawtooth bracket to the back of your canvas. Measure the top of your canvas and mark the center point. Then, place the sawtooth bracket in the center of your canvas, and screw on each side of the bracket. Attach a nail to the wall with a hammer, and hang the sawtooth bracket from the nail.
Gallery Wall Layout Ideas
Layouts enable you to display canvas prints however you see fit. large analyze prints are a great addition to a drift wall and can be combined with assorted sizes. These large photograph prints would work well as the focal distributor point in a big gallery wall in a animation board. Or, you could create a small gallery wall featuring just two or three canvas prints.
If you ’ re looking to create a singular drift wall with your personalized wall art, these tips will help you :
Choose Your Layout
Choose between horizontal or vertical canvas prints. Vertical boastfully analyze prints work well in a room with tall ceilings. horizontal prints would fit in well in the outer space above a desk or a fireplace mantel. Be certain to cautiously measure the space before you order your canvas prints. You can besides hang your canvas prints in a stairwell, lean them up against a wall, or display them in a grid formation for a one-of-a-kind layout .
Use Different-Sized Prints
Pair your large canvas prints with a variety of prints in unlike sizes and mediums. Try pairing your large canvas with a hanging canvas print that features photos of your favorite vacation trips or a quotation mark that resonates with you. You could besides include framed digital photos in your gallery wall. For a uniform spirit, consider using the same-colored frames for your high-resolution photos and canvas prints .
Pick a Theme
Decide on a root for your gallery wall. Do you want to use a series of family photos, or would you like to use landscape pictures ? Choosing a theme will help you plan out the wall art you ’ re going to use in your gallery wall .
Plan Your Layout
plan out your layout before you start hanging photos. Place your photos and art prints on the floor, and arrange them until you have a layout that works for you. Start with your largest, focal point pieces, and place your smaller pieces around them. You could choose to go for an asymmetrical layout featuring bombastic and little prints. Or, if you ’ re creating a drift wall in your stairway, a diagonal layout could work well for you.
Pair Your Gallery Wall With Home Decor
Choose pieces for your gallery wall that pair well with personalized base interior decoration. For case, if you have monochrome furniture in your support board, try creating matching black-and-white canvass prints. Or, choose art prints in complementary colors to your furniture .
If you ’ rhenium looking for the perfective direction to display one of your favored portraits or a collage of pictures, try a big canvas tent art print. And if you ’ d like to order more large-format pictures, check out how to print boastfully photos. A big sail print looks stunning both hanging on its own and as partially of a veranda rampart. You can besides get creative and make a collage featuring tons of your front-runner photos. If you ’ d like to make your own analyze print creation, check out all the different big canvas print sizes available, and begin designing your beautiful print .